Monday, May 14, 2007

Media month in the Shanley household!

May has been a month of unprecedented media attention, both for Unassisted Childbirth and for my family in particular! May 1st the Boulder Daily Camera published an article about my daughter Joy: A model of good health: Local model enjoys career as a size 12. The following week, I was quoted (and unfortunately misquoted) in two articles about Unassisted Childbirth: Going it alone by Viv Groskop for the Guardian (UK) and Baby's Day Out for Westword (Denver, CO) by Jared Jacang Maher. The Guardian article has generated a lot of media interest from the UK! The Westword article has generated absolutely no interest from the US! I'm actually not surprised. :)

This morning I was interviewed on Irish radio, and tomorrow I've been told another article about UC (Unassisted Childbirth) will be published in the Canadian Globe and Mail, with a Reuters article soon to follow. Today my son Willie (professionally known as "Will") had two articles on the front page of the business section of the Denver Post: What price internships? and Better hunting, bigger salaries greet graduates. Very exciting!

No comments: